BackstoryI write a lot here about things that work. I'm amazed sometimes at how often things we try work out, but... they most certainly don't always. You may remember this post some time back: http://www.blog.smalladventures.net/2011/06/jack-camper.html. We love that sleeping platform and it's been really really useful. On the other hand, after using it for a while we've found a few flaws with it.
- It's not tall enough. This severely limits how much gear we can fit in the truck. As an example, a 5 gallon bucket doesn't fit upright under the platform.
- The openings to the boxes are too small, this means we don't use the space in the boxes efficiently.
- They are a lot of wood, this means they are heavy and they take up space.
- The splits in space that the boxes make severely limits what *shapes* of gear we can fit
- The space that remains is long and narrow, meaning there isn't enough "front" easy to access space
- The boxes do take time/effort to remove and reinstall right now (particularly due to needing to be tied in place).